For years, dad jokes have undoubtedly had a bad rep. Viewed by generations of embarrassed offspring as cringe-worthy, bad taste or just downright crap, so-called dad jokes have never received the comedy kudos they so thoroughly deserve.
But today, all that is about to change…
For this year’s Father’s day we decided to appreciate their cracking sense of humour. Often dry, sarcastic and well, not funny at all, dad jokes aren’t for everyone but here at Peregrine we truly appreciate the genius behind them.
We ran a competition asking you for your top Dad joke and boy did we get some crackers. No Monday morning will ever match up to the morning we spent sifting through the entries! You can find our winner and a selection of our favourites below.
• As is customary when dad jokes are involved, prepare to laugh, cry and cringe in equal measure…
• What training do you need to be a litter collector? None, you just pick it up as you go along!
• A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers up to the barman and says, “Five beers please.”
• A furniture store keeps calling me. All I wanted was one night stand.
• Dogs can’t operate MRI scanners…. but catscan
• My son asked me to stop singing Oasis songs in public… I said maybe
• RIP boiled water. You will be mist.
• Want to hear a joke about construction? Nah, I’m still working on it.
• Dad: Be careful of those trees over there.
Daughter: Why? The sky is clear, there’s no chance of lightning.
Dad: I don’t know, really… they just look really shady to me.